Title: Associate Director of Financial Aid
Status: Part-Time Employee (20-25 hours weekly)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general guidance of the Director of Financial Aid, the Associate Director will provide expert-level financial aid support to students and families on an individual and group basis as well as support the overall success of College Affordable’s mission.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience providing excellent customer service while maintaining successful performance in a confidential service environment;
- Knowledge of both federal and institutional awarding methodologies;
- Experience with the CSS Profile and FAFSA
- Knowledge of Title IV and ability to research federal and state regulations;
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, networking, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Evidence of working effectively as a team member with an emphasis on a customer-centric environment in a financial aid office (or similar);
- A strong commitment to College Affordable’s mission and desire to support families on their journey to obtain higher education;
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak proficiently in English and a second language preferred;
- Minimum five years of financial aid experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Associate Director is part of a team of individuals who support a growing non-profit centered around helping high school students and their families understand the most effective ways to personally finance higher education;
- This position will primarily focus on individual family support through email, phone, and virtual meetings in addition to in-person and webinar presentations;
- Individual support may include helping families prepare their financial aid applications, explaining financial aid eligibility at different schools, and navigating all facets of the financial aid application cycle;
- Preparation of key financial aid forms and application requirements;
- Navigating the loan process and supporting families with payment and billing questions;
- The position is remote; however, occasional day and evening travel to Massachusetts area partner locations will be required, thus living within 50 miles of Boston, MA is preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.